BRC designs optimal mechanical noise solutions
Keeping HVAC system noise at the appropriate level is critical for the success of a performance, education, or communication space.
Mechanical noise control enables clear communication
Mechanical system noise control is key for managing background noise levels. Any space that involves communication must have effective noise and vibration control to ensure that programs, instruction, and every type of acoustical interaction can take place without background noise interference.
Quiet building systems support superior acoustics
BRC’s experienced acoustical consultants design mechanical system noise and vibration solutions to ensure that lectures and performances are heard clearly and that the sound quality of your space is optimized for its intended use.
We provide services in:
- Mechanical system noise control design
- Equipment vibration isolation
- HVAC rooftop equipment noise control
- Noise criteria for occupied spaces
- Noise and vibration control for sensitive equipment
- Environmental noise control for exterior mechanical equipment
What our acoustical consultants do:
- We develop criteria to identify appropriate noise levels from HVAC equipment in occupied spaces
- We recommend and locate mechanical equipment to meet interior sound level design criteria
- We reduce vibration and structure-borne noise created by rooftop and interior mechanical equipment, and we provide isolation recommendations for plumbing systems
- We evaluate size and layout of HVAC ducting to reduce or eliminate noise caused by fans and turbulent airflow
- We specify ancillary equipment such as silencers, mufflers, and duct liners to control equipment noise levels
- We measure and analyze noise & vibration