SRG Partnership Inc.
- Architectural Acoustics
- Mechanical Noise Control
- Environmental Noise Control
- Audiovisual Systems Design
Renovating an outdated office building one block from Interstate 405 into a state-of-the-art facility including city administrative offices, Fire Department, Police Headquarters, and 911 Call Center.
Awards and Honors
- 2006 AIA Civic Design Citation Award, Washington Council
- 2006 IIDA Portland Honor Award
- 2006 Bellevue Downtown Association Community Treasure Award
- 2006 Public Project of the Year, National Association of Industrial & Office Properties
- 2007 Job of the Year, Terrazzo Honor Awards
- 2007 Project of the Month, AIA Seattle
- 2007 Commendation Award, AIA Seattle, 2007
- 2008 Merit Award, CSLA National
- 2008 Merit Award, AIA Northwest & Pacific Region
BRC provided acoustical and audiovisual systems design for the new building. Special interest areas included:
- Emergency Operations Center, which required privacy for the emergency call center privacy and rapid communication capability for staff
- Council Chambers, which had a circular plan with potentially difficult sound focusing as well as specific sound recording requirements
- Council workroom, conference and training rooms, and traffic monitoring/control room
- Broadcast control room, which controls remote cameras for broadcasting Council meetings over local cable television
BRC also incorporated environmental sound control into the design to account for the significant traffic noise from the nearby interstate.