Anita Joh, M.Des.Sc.
Since 2008, Anita has worked on a wide range of projects and has provided technical and practical design for Architectural Acoustics, HVAC and Mechanical Noise Control, Industrial Noise Control, Environmental Noise Assessments, and Transit Noise and Vibration Assessments.
Having consulted in Australia, Canada and the U.S. throughout her career, Anita is well versed in international policies and guidelines, and has worked in concert with regulatory authorities in different countries. Anita’s combined expertise covers global market sectors ranging from oil & gas, petrochemical, material handling and processing facilities, to large complex spaces with reverberation, sound absorption, reflection, isolation, diffusion and structural vibration requirements.
Aside from Acoustical and Audiovisual design, Anita's academic background in Sustainable Design has allowed her to identify with multidisciplinary goals of ecologically sensitive sites.
Other Related Experience
- Acoustic measurements
- Review building construction, prepare architectural details in AutoCAD
- Develop computer noise models, including 3D acoustic modeling
- Provide project-specific design according to guidelines and programs such as LEED, School District Ed Specs, Brand Design Guidelines
- Coordinate with design teams to provide cost-effective and appropriate design for value engineering
- Prepare noise management plans to meet long-term acoustical design goals
- Prepare presentations and questionnaires for community consultations, as well as conduct interviews
- Expert witness (for a Land and Environment hearing in NSW, Australia)
- Technical advisor regarding the NSW (New South Wales) Industrial Noise Policy (for the duration of the Caltex Australia project)
- Website management, article writing and design for business development
- M.Des.Sc. Audio & Acoustics and Sustainable Design, University of Sydney
- Grad.Dip.Des.Sc. Audio & Acoustics, University of Sydney
- Advanced Diploma of Audio Engineering & Sound Production, JMC Academy (Student of the Year, Runner-Up)
Conference and Presentations
- Seattle Noise Regulation – Application to Mechanical Equipment, ASHRAE Puget Sound Chapter Meeting
- Acoustics in Green Design, Various Architectural Firms
- Acoustical Consulting, Guest Lecturer at University of Sydney and JMC Academy
- Environmental Noise Monitoring, Community Consultation Presentation on behalf of Caltex Australia