Bellevue City Hall
- Architectural Acoustics
- Mechanical Noise Control
- Environmental Noise Control
- Audiovisual Systems Design
- Project Architect: SRG Partnership Inc.
- 2006 AIA Civic Design Citation Award, Washington Council
- 2006 IIDA Portland Honor Award
- 2006 Bellevue Downtown Association Community Treasure Award
- 2007 Job of the Year, Terrazzo Honor Awards
This project was the renovation of an outdated office building into the new Bellevue City Hall, a state-of-the-art facility that includes city administrative offices, Fire Department, Police Headquarters, and 911 Call Center. Acoustical design included architectural acoustics, mechanical noise control, environmental noise control, and audiovisual systems design. Spaces of particular interest for acoustics and technology design include the Emergency Operations Center (requiring emergency call center privacy and rapid communication ability between staff as needed), Council Chambers (circular in plan with potentially difficult sound focusing, and sound recording requirements), Council Workroom, Conference & Training rooms, Traffic Monitoring/Control room, and Broadcast Control Room which controls remote cameras for broadcast of Council meetings over local cable television. Environmental sound control was also incorporated into the design, as the building is situated one block from Interstate 405, thus subject to significant traffic noise.